With parent/teacher conferences coming up you can use Google Docs to manage your conference schedule. Using Google Docs will allow you to create a schedule template where parents can view and sign up for available time slots online (none of that dreaded paper and shuffling of time slots). Please note you will need to still manage it and send out confirmations.
I put the time slots into 20 minute increments. Our district has late conferences the Thursday and gives students a day off school on Friday for teachers to meet with parents. I usually tried to get all my parents in before the Friday so I could spend that day catching up on classroom "stuff" (we weren't allowed to have it off if we were done). The template is geared with the district schedule in mind but you should be able to edit it easily.
If you are interested in trying it out this year I created a signup template that you can import into your Google Docs - Parent Teacher Sign Up Form Link
1. Sign up for a Google account if you don’t have one and then login
2. Click on link below to go to the template
3. Click on “file” and then “make a copy” (this will give you a copy of document that you can then use as your own)
4. Put your name on the file and change the times you are available
5. Click on “share” (top right)
6. Under “who has access” click on “change”
7. Click “anyone with link” and click “allow anyone to edit” (no sign in required)
8. Copy the link and send it to parents via email or newsletter.