Saturday, September 21, 2013

How I Teach Writing - Video




 Here is a video that I made about how I teach writing. I was exploring how teachers can use videoscribing (tech technique - see explanation HERE) to make instructional videos with the software we have in the district. I choose writing as my topic.

I have presented my writing strategies to several schools and have been video taped on how I implement writing in my classroom. I have less time to go into classrooms to teach this strategy so I thought this video might help some teachers. 

I know this is not strictly "science" but I used it when students had to write papers about animals in conjunction with what we are learning in science so I thought it would be appropriate for this blog. 

To see this video direct from YouTube (as opposed to an embedded link - CLICK HERE)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

This is a great idea. Where did you get the drawing of the cell on the right side of the notebook?

Ramblin' Sam said...

Thanks for this. Can't wait to try with my 4th graders...

Jennifer Bell said...

This was a wonderful tutorial. Thank you so much. . .I think I might want to try this way of "teaching" too. . .could record when I know I"m going to be out with a sub :)