Friday, July 16, 2010

Complete Sample Notebook (w/notes)

When I first started notebooking I couldn't find much about the topic online. I was a first year teacher and was completely frustrated. I started this blog in my second year of notebooking as a way of recording what I was doing and to hopefully help others who were getting started.

I just finished my third year of notebooking and my notebooks look much better then my first year's attempt.

There are a lot of people in my district who want to try notebooking and always ask for a left behind student copy to guide them through the process. Most of my good notebooks go home at the end the end of the year and I am left with a handful of notebooks that are incomplete or poorly done as my "leftovers".

This year I decided to take pictures of a "good" completed notebook so that I can post it online. The size was a bit overwhelming for my normal file sharing site so I found a new one and uploaded it so that people can download it (click HERE) and virtually thumb through one of my completed notebooks. It will download in PowerPoint and I put notes on just about every page.

If you have any questions about the activities, please let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for offering to share a completed student IAN with us. I can not get the folder to open or save.

Nicole said...

Thank you for posting a sample. I love your creativity! I teach 3rd grade and have been doing notebooks for two years. Still a work in progress, but your ideas and sample will help a lot. Some of your 4th grade standards are taught in 3rd grade here in Florida.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for providing a powerpoint. It has helped me a lot in creating my "model" notebook for the upcoming school year. I really liked what you did for the measurement page, can you send me the LH pages? at wolfjinxangel@yahoo.com I would love to have that.

Thanks

Ginger Snaps said...

I love your site! I just discovered it. I tried science notebooks for the first time this year, and I love them. I want to incorporate them some more this year so I am glad I stumbled upon your site! Thank you for sharing.

Shaina said...

I must say you are an inspiration! I have been creating IAN for 3 years now an your ideas are wonderful! I am fourth grade and will be sharing this site with my entire department. Oh, and I'll check back regularly!