Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Cell" Phone - Student Samples


I would like to thank Mrs. Johnson who allowed me to try out the "cell" phone activity in her 5th grade class. It went pretty well. It turned into a two day activity. I was hoping it could be done in one class period but with a "cell" intro and cutting out all the little pieces it ran into a second day (to finish cutting, matching, and gluing). The "cell" phone was a plant cell because of its shape.

Mrs. Johnson had another cell cut out activity for an animal cell and had students do it for their left hand assignment.

We listened to this cell rap song on YouTube, which the kids LOVED. I was thinking that the lyrics (which are listed in the "about" section of the song) could go on the right hand side with the phone going on the left.

Probably the best moment was when we were half way through the activity a 5th grader blurted out that he finally got why it was called a "cell" phone. Ha!


10 comments:

ahilliman said...

I would love a blackline master of that cell activity if that is possible

Mrs. Berry said...

Would be any way to get a copy of all of this? I absolutely love the idea and all the components of it!

Heather said...

Where did you find this? Could you please email it to me. I am a first year teacher, and I am searching for ideas to make next year better. heather.hicks@desotocountyschools.org

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to post the blackline master of this? I think my students would love this activity! Thanks, Sharon

the Teched Out Teacher said...

Very cool idea! Pinning it and might use it during my review before testing.
Thanks for sharing!
Heather
Stimulating Science Simulations

Eve Heaton said...

I'm putting together a Teachers Pay Teachers blackline master for this activity. I'll let you know when I have it up (probably over spring break)! Thanks for the interest.

Eve

AmberCarter0708 said...

Is this on teachers pay teachers yet??

Katie said...

I came across this through Pinterest. If you ever do decide to put it on TPT I will definitely purchase!

Brandy Williams said...

Is this on TpT and if it is not do you mind sharing? Please.

AllisonJordan said...

I am a first year 5th grade science teacher. I would love to incorporate some of your ideas if you are willing to share.

Ajordan07092010@gmail.com
Thanks!!