Skip to main content

Online Safety Presentation - A to Z

 

I recently finished an Online Awareness: Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship course as part of a online teaching endorsement program (specific to the state of South Carolina). 

Our final project was to make a presentation. I created an Online A to Z Guide to internet safety that turned out super cute and one I have shared with numerous people.  

I used icons from The Noun Project. A couple of years ago I bought a subscription for $19 a year and I have made so many great flyers with their graphics that it was worth the cost...particularly for my job. You can use their icons for free but you must site your source and you have some other limitations. The design idea after taking an online Classy Graphics course with Tony Vincent

I included embedded videos on several slides. I would recommend watching them before showing to students (and to verify the links are still good). 

  

- To preview the full presentation CLICK HERE.
- To make a copy of the presentation CLICK HERE 

If  you use it I would love to hear your feedback! You can comment below or tag me on Twitter @atechcoachlife. 

Comments

Mrs. Dyer said…
Thank you very much for this very generous share!
Anonymous said…
nice info

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Messages - How To (Light and Color)

This was fun activity that I got from Roper Mountain Science Institute. They suggested red theater gel to reveal the message, which can get pricy. Another idea I heard was to ask movie theaters to donate left over 3D glasses, which also have a red filter. A guest speaker we had last year said red jello would work. Tried it this week and it worked like a charm. The students thought it was very cool. I found my "attention challenged" students had trouble focusing on making their own secret messages so I was very glad that I had made extra copies of the sheets from the GEMS Color Analyzer book that they could color and then check under the jello.

Picture of the Day - Activity

I attended a training class and a science coach shared an activity that he does with his students to help them differentiate between observations, inferences, and predictions. He puts a picture on the interactive white board as a warm up (he gets the pictures from a variety of sources but uses National Geographic's Picture of the Day a lot). The picture above is from the National Geographic site. He has the students make five observations. Then he makes the students make five inferences. Finally he has the students make five predictions. He does this every day and it really drives home the difference between those three key inquiry vocabulary terms. I've done this activity with both my sixth and fourth grade science classes and the students really got into it and became proficient at telling me the difference between those terms.

QR Project - Open House

Twitter Post Link -  https://bit.ly/3Umic7r I saw this adorable QR code project on Twitter and decided to try it out with a couple of third grade classes. We have several schools in our district who are "Leader in Me" schools and I asked a teacher if I could come in and make them for her open house (you don't need to be a "Leader in Me" school but I know they do a lot of goal setting and mission statements). She loved the idea! I decided to use Flip (formally Flipgrid) to do the recording. The web based program is free for educators and automatically generates the needed QR code. We started on a Thursday. I pulled students into the hall to get a picture of them holding a square piece of paper prior to an ELA block. The paper acted as a place holder for the QR code (which is square) and ensured I got the correct hand spacing so the students looked like they were holding the QR code. I found a spot that didn't have anything in the background. The background...