Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Textbook Engagement



This was another textbook engagement activity that I fit into the notebook. I created a catalog template in Microsoft Publisher and deleted all the preformatted items that came with it. I then gave the catalog a new title page that fit the chapter students were working in (in this case Seedless Vascular Plants). On the inside, students had to find the information I requested from the chapter. I had questions, cloze notes, drawings, etc.
To differentiate I put the page numbers and I kept all the informational sequential so that students were not having to flip back pages to find information.
I've done this with elementary school students successfully.

No comments: